Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Dear Harvard… By Kristin Q.

Dear my dream school Harvard,

I would like to start off with a few greetings in a couple of languages that I learned through Google Translate: Bonjour! Hola! Konnichiwa.

You are probably wondering why I am writing this letter to you. This letter will guarantee my spot in the class of 2016. I also want to show off my awesome writing skills. Why am I so sure that I will get into Harvard? Here is some concrete evidence:

1.     Santa Claus told me that I'm going to Harvard because I was good this year.
2.     This morning, while I was finding paper to write this letter on, I gave myself a paper cut. The blood that came out was crimson-colored. The first thing that came into my mind was: Harvard Crimsons! Go team...

3.     My most recent fortune cookie said that I was going get good news soon. I'm pretty sure you know what I'm talking about.
4.     The most interesting book I've skimmed recently is the New Oxford American Dictionary. This book changed my life because I discovered that there are thousands of more words than just the 300 I have been reviewing for the SAT's.
5.     Since middle school, I've been a member of the Ivy League. Every week since sixth grade, I've pulled ivy to clean up parks, forests, and other ivy-infested areas.

Is this destiny? Indeed.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Sincerely,

You Know Who

No comments:

Post a Comment