Saturday, May 12, 2012

Aya T. for President

Aya T.


My name is Aya T. and I would love to be your 2012-2013 student body president. This coming year is going to be all about policy level decisions, and of course, making the year fun for everyone! Through being the Junior Class Representative, I got the experience of balancing both of these aspects when planning fun events like prom, and also dealing with the student Leadership proposal.  As we will be focusing more heavily on the proposal, I believe that my involvement in StuCo and the proposal this year makes me a highly qualified candidate to continue the process next year. What I loved about this year at OES was the growth of student opinion and voices due to the proposal. For the first time, I heard a huge wave of enthusiastic student opinions, which were finally being heard and considered by the faculty and administration! I aspire to foster this increasing power of the student voice next year through better communication throughout the upper school. Lastly,  I really enjoy getting to know people and serving them to the best of my ability as a mentor, friend, and reliable leader. The success of a fun and awesome year starts with all of you! So please stop me in the hallways or shoot me an email if you have any questions, and I look forward to hosting lunch meetings so you can get to know me before the elections, and more importantly, so I can get to know you.

No comments:

Post a Comment