Saturday, May 12, 2012

Nick O. for President

Nick O.


I am running for Student Body President because I want to give back to OES by leading Student Council’s reform. Since I first came here in sixth grade I have been accepted into the community by students, teachers, and parents. OES is a special place. When you look past the social dynamics, we are all united in the pursuit of knowledge. As far as ‘leadership experience’ goes, I have been a part of various sports teams, and championed discussions in class (even if my attempted use of SAT vocabulary in class has been a puerile failure). And don’t worry guys; I was the fourth grade class representative at Ainsworth Elementary School, so I know what I’m doing. In all seriousness, when I set my mind to something, I devote all of my effort to seeing it through. I believe I can effectively act as the collective voice of the students and encourage more communication between the administration and the students because, after all, OES is all about the students.
The opinion of the student body as a whole will be extremely important in the creation of a new school constitution and will require a leader that will collaborate and communicate with all of the interests of the student body. We have an incredible opportunity to shape the way Student Council is structured for years to come, and I look forward to continuing the great work that StuCo and the Leadership Team has done this year. I have some sweet ideas for next year, and though I will not promise unattainable things, I will pledge my honesty and dedication to seeing that Student Council makes OES a better place for everyone who walks through our doors.

No comments:

Post a Comment