Friday, June 8, 2012

Last Thoughts By Janine K.


This has been quite a year. This year, I have learned lots of things. I have learned how to drive, write a decent poem, how to get people to not cut in front of you in line, and the art of getting out of the snack swarm everyday. There are lots of things I’m going to miss about OES this summer. There are also lots of things I will miss about summer this September. But I have realized that at least for me, I’ve got two more years of this cycle, so I’m not saying bye, I’m saying more of an “hasta luego.” So for my last article of the year, I would like to talk about those who are saying bye: the seniors.
Those are the people I will miss the most. I’ll miss soaking up their wisdom. The best golden nugget of advice I have received from Sophie v-B, Class of 2012, is to “take advantage of the opportunities the school offers and not let yourself become overwhelmed by school work.” For the less sentimental, Andrew W provides a brief, yet insightful motto. “Stay in school.” True that, and see you next year!

No comments:

Post a Comment