Tuesday, April 2, 2013

No Pain No Gain (Crash Course in Yoga) by Janine K.

Yoga is great. It really is. I'm sure you have heard all about the benefits of doing yoga; increased flexibility and balance, as well as the power of meditation. All of that is true, but what you may not know about yoga is that it induces excruciating pain.



Pictured above, Patrick K. ('12), Cara D. ('15) and myself passed out after the "Yoga Boot Camp" workout. Our Winterim, led by the fearless yogi Deb Walsh, went to the Yo Yo Yogi studio in the Pearl District (studio information here) where we dove head first metaphorically and theoretically, into various different types of yoga including Pranayama, my personal favorite, and inversion yoga. Despite the fact that I can barely touch my toes and that my low blood pressure made inversion yoga especially challenging, I really did enjoy this Winterim.




No comments:

Post a Comment