Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Ottotainment #4 by Otto L.



 Hi again, sorry for last week’s delay of post, but I hoped you enjoyed it.

            Lately, I have been pretty obsessed with the comedian Kevin Hart. So I found myself going through Youtube watching various videos of him, which always left me laughing hysterically. It was then that I found out that before he rose to fame around 2009, he actually starred in Scary Movie 3, 4 and various other films. Even though he wasn’t as famous back then, he still had the ability to make people laugh!


            This past weekend, I was deep in thought (not really) about paradoxes. For those who don’t know a paradox is, courtesy of Dictionary.com, “a statement or proposition that seems self-contradictory or absurd but in reality expresses a possible truth." I find paradoxes hilarious. And when paradoxes and Kevin Hart are added together, it’s a deadly combination.

Click here to view.


            About two weeks ago, the Louisville Cardinals and the Duke Blue Devils were battling each other in the Elite Eight Round of the March Madness Men’s NCAA Division I basketball tournament. Just before the second half ended, Duke shooting Seth Curry attempted a three pointer, which prompted Louisville guard Kevin Ware to run up and contest the shot. He jumped and landed, but in a position that caused him to break his right leg. The scene was so gruesome (his tibia was protruding from his leg) that it brought his teammates and coaches to tears. This incident shocked the whole nation, but Kevin’s injury gave Louisville the drive to beat Duke, then Wichita state and then Michigan to win the National Championship. One should never make of such a horrific incident, but if Kevin himself made fun of it, I guess we’re allowed to laugh.

Click here to view.


Song of the Week: Beautiful Day by U2

Click here to listen.

The other day I was outside playing basketball, it had been raining for a bit and the clouds were clearing off the sky above me. The sun was slowly setting, and then I noticed the pink color that its rays had projected onto the clouds. I was a magnificent scene, all I could think of was “WOW! THAT’S BEAUTIFUL”! Beautiful day indeed.

No comments:

Post a Comment